Ask Yusry Anything!
Liked what you read? Please subscribe for more technical updates, so you won't miss any nice tips or tricks I have to share with you. =)

Subscribe in a reader

March 11, 2008

Term-vt100 asks for password?

Editors note: The original entry was removed because it WAS WRONG! How come noone tells me? :(

Anyway, here's the story.

I believe you guys were "sexcited" that ZiPhone now works with all iPod Touch. However, ZiPhone jailbreak is not complete, hence after jailbreaking, a lot of tweaks needs to be installed in order for things to work correctly as intended.

Anyway, I'm not going to talk about the jailbreak. I'm going to talk about the log-in password when running the Term-vt100 application. It seems that you need to download something off the installer for that.

So, add a new source:

http://trejan.com/irepo (someone please confirm this part?)

Then look under "Tweaks 1.1.3" or "Tweaks 1.1.4" (not sure, information found on other sources) and install "SUID Lib Fix". Then install "Term-vt100 SUID Fix". Now restart your iPod Touch. After that, try lauching Term-vt100 again, and if it still asks for a password, it's "alpine".

However, I cannot confirm the existance of such packages. Hence I'm going to try again and see if I can find any other repo.

Editor's note: I'm currently trying repo.sc. Looks like the SUID fix is there. But, it seems like I can't connect to my own repo. I'll give it a try again some other time. If you're curious, here's my personalized repo I made using TouchToolSet, http://repo.sc/mclethal I just added the important packages I need just for this post. Let me know if it works (it doesn't on mine! T_T)

Cheers.

1 comment:

cygnus91 said...

yep your repo works! thanks

Yusry is a technology freak, he plays a lot with his iPod Touch since day 1. He is also into programming and gets excited trying out new softwares. He is also a member of a local Singaporean band named Dermapthera. You can read his other blog at http://dermapthera.wordpress.com
Visit BEING FIVE Copyright by George Sfarnas www.beingfive.com