Ask Yusry Anything!
Liked what you read? Please subscribe for more technical updates, so you won't miss any nice tips or tricks I have to share with you. =)

Subscribe in a reader

March 3, 2008

Jailbreak 1.1.4 (iPod Touch only!)

I have already written a post regarding jailbreaking 1.1.1/1.1.2. Please do a search for that post.

Anyway, I'm going to talk about jailbreaking the iPod Touch in 1.1.3 OR 1.1.4. However, I am not going to emphasize so much on 1.1.4 because rumours are speculating that another new firmware is releasing prior to the release of the SDK.

There have been reports that jailbreaking 1.1.3/1.1.4 using ZiPhone has been really successful, however, a good friend of mine (momott) has pointed out that it's possible that these only work on 8GB/16GB models that has 1 chip. What this means is that ZiPhone will fail when it tries to jailbreak a 16GB/32GB that has 2 chips. How to know? That I cannot answer, because I'm also looking for that.

So, a lot of people jumped into the conclusion that ZiPhone is not meant for iPod Touch. I could second that.

But wait! A lot of people also say that ZiPhone worked flawlessly! RupertGee has a nice tutorial on that. However, RupertGee only maintains problems related to MacOS (because he's using one). So for Windows support, you can ask me.

Since this post is about jailbreaking 1.1.4, THE ONLY OPTION IS TO USE ZIPHONE. I have yet to come across any other jailbreaking methods. Anyone knows anything? Share it with me. :)

Cheers.

No comments:

Yusry is a technology freak, he plays a lot with his iPod Touch since day 1. He is also into programming and gets excited trying out new softwares. He is also a member of a local Singaporean band named Dermapthera. You can read his other blog at http://dermapthera.wordpress.com
Visit BEING FIVE Copyright by George Sfarnas www.beingfive.com